Former President Takes His First Class In NOUN

Former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo took his first lesson as a Masters/Ph.D. student of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
Olusegun Obasanjo
Former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo. Photo: BellaNaija
Obasanjo is back to school for a Doctorate degree starting with a Master’s degree in Christian Theology.
The lesson was held with his interior supervisor, a lecturer in Systematic Theology and a pastor Philip Tachin. It took place in Ota, Ogun State.
READ ALSO: 
Former president said he hoped that extra knowledge in Theology will help him to understand how to practice religion in the mitigation of problems that touch people at the grass roots generally but especially in Africa.
Obasanjo took his first task to analyze a number of literatures on the subject and to write a research paper for review after receiving an outline for the course.
Last month the former country leader
Obasanjo obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in 2009.
Explaining his decision former president said: “I’m going back to school because I have to have something to aspire to in every endeavour of life.
I always aspire to something new in my farm. I do that in my international activities. I do it in my writing. I do it in the improvement of my academic work which helps to sharpen my brain and strengthen my faith.”
READ ALSO
In 1999 Obasanjo became President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. 29th of May 1999, the day Obasanjo took office as the first elected and civilian head of state in Nigeria after 16 years of military rule, is now commemorated as the Democracy Day, a public holiday in Nigeria.
In 2003, Obasanjo was re-elected in a tumultuous election that had violent ethnic and religious overtones.

Comments