Posts

Showing posts from April, 2020

Lockdown: Man Kills Neighbour For Not Allowing Him Watch Movies In Lagos

Image
An occupant of Taiwo Street, Mafoluku, Oshodi area of Lagos, Taiwo Eluyemi, dispersed some neighbours who came to his apartment to watch movies on Wednesday in compliance with social distancing rule to curtail the spread of coronavirus. He never knew the action would cost him his life 24 hours later. One of the neighbours identified simply as Habeeb, who was upset by Eluyemi’s action reportedly ambushed him along the street on Thursday and hacked him to death. City Round learnt that Eluyemi was popular in the neighbourhood, a personality that attracted people to his house. It was gathered that Habeeb, who also resides on Taiwo Street, and his friends stormed Eluyemi’s house on Wednesday to watch movies but he turned them back on the grounds that his apartment was becoming crowded. Eluyemi’s countenance was said to have angered Habeeb, resulting in an altercation between them. A tenant in the area, Tope Akande, told our correspondent that some people intervened and both parties wen...

Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock?

Image
  We can recall that on April 2nd of this month, controversial journalist Kemi Olunloyo, tweeted that a top ranking member of President Buhari's cabinet is dead, though she refused to mention any name. Could it be that it was Abba Kyari? If yes, then he died a long time ago and the Federal government is just informing the public about it or she was referring to someone else? SlyIg : #BREAKING�� A HIGH RANKING member of President Buhari's Cabinet has DIED ⚰️of #CoronaVirus #Covid9�☠️� complications. I will give the feds the honor of announcing it. U cannot hide it like Yar'Adua. I'm not telling because I value NATIONAL SECURITY OF NIGERIA # drkemiolunloyo https://mobile.twitter.com/KemiOlunloyo/status/1245677046065500165 4 Likes 1 Share

Abba Kyari's Death: Obaseki, Keyamo, Dino Melaye, Others React

Abba Kyari, the Chief of Staff to President Buhari, died on Friday April 17, weeks after testing positive for Coronavirus. Kyari tested positive in Abuja and was moved to Lagos for further medical attention but unfortunately passed away weeks later. Nigerians including Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state, Dino Melaye, Ben Bruce. Festus Keyamo, Minister of Aviation Hadi Sirika, and many others have taken to social media to mourn and react to Kyari's death. Read their reactions below. I received the news of the death of Mallam Abba Kyari with a heavy heart. We have indeed lost a rare gem. As Chief of Staff to President @MBuhari, Mallam Abba Kyari commanded great influence that made him a rallying point for key policy decisions. He would be missed greatly.

Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate

Image
St. Edwards hospital in Ajah area of Lagos state has called on its visitors to undergo self-isolation for a period of 14 days. Metro Health, one of the state’s health maintenance organisations (HMOs), disclosed that the hospital had been attending to a COVID-19 patient unknowingly. The patient, with cardiac symptoms, was said to have been admitted to the hospital on April 11, without providing information about previous contact with a COVID-19 case. In a statement, the hospital said it received a call from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on April 12 regarding the patient. “The Hospital received the team from NCDC, and sample was taken from the patient on that Sunday, April 12, 2020,” it read. “NCDC communicated the result on Tuesday, April 14, 2020, which confirmed the patient to be positive and said they were coming to evacuate the patient. “NCDC did not come on Tuesday but eventually came on Wednesday, April 15, 2020, and evacuated the patient. “The hospit...

Abba Kyari Is Dead! - Politics

Image
Chief of Staff to the President, Mallam Abba Kyari, passes on https://mobile.twitter.com/FemAdesina/status/1251295558112870400 45 Likes 11 Shares

Nigerian Tailors Making Face Masks And Overalls To Fight Coronavirus

Image
(CNN)As the world experiences a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, tailors in Nigeria are responding by hand-making equipment like overalls and face masks.Rising demand, panic buying, hoarding, and misuse have disrupted the global supply of PPE, according to the World Health Organization, putting lives at risk. Now, tailors in Abia state, in the southeast of the country, are using local fabrics, cotton, and polypropylene to sew PPE for people looking to protect themselves. With cases of Covid-19 rising in Nigeria, the Abia state government released a 12 million naira (about $31,000) grant to support tailors to make the protective gear. The grant was disbursed to 100 selected tailors at the start of April to help them buy additional equipment, source materials and employ more people, according to Sam Hart, the director-general of the Abia State Marketing and Quality Management Agency. Hart explained ...

Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire

Image
There seems to be a crisis in the Boko Haram camp as credible sources have confirmed that the leader of the sect, Abubakar Shekau, has been making frantic efforts to seek a soft landing as he prepares to surrender. This much was gathered from top intelligence sources in the Theatre of Operations in North-East Nigeria. According to a source who pleaded anonymity, he stated that Abubakar Shekau is desperately looking for an avenue to surrender. “ I think the end of Boko Haram is coming close as Abubakar Shekau has been making overtures through proxies for a soft landing for him to surrender to the Nigerian authorities. He has been desperate about it, and the intensity is occasioned with the avalanche of coordinated operations launched in recent times against the group, especially in the Timbuktu triangle”. The source further added that in recent times the Boko Haram group had suffered casualties that put the group in a tight corner. “The gap is closing in on Abubakar Shekau...

Lockdown Day 17: From Lagos Streets

Image
In my series of driving around Lagos in this lockdown, i visited new areas of Ifako, Agege and the neigbourhoods around where robberies have been going on. 1 Like

Two Neighbours In Bloody Fight In Enugu During Lockdown

Image
Two men living in the same compound got into a fight during lockdown in Enugu and it was really messy. The men - Divine and Nonso - had a disagreement and neighbours tried to intervene but it soon spiralled out of control and they took the fight outside in full view of neighbours. In a video taken by someone living in the next compound, the men are seen only verbally attacking each other before one pushed the other and hit him with a chair. The other reciprocated and they soon moved from chairs to bottles until they were both bleeding. Neighbours called out to them to stop fighting but no one dared go close to separate them, for fear of being stabbed with the bottle.

Vincent Prosper: Abia Declares Suspected COVID-19 Patient Wanted

Image
Abia State Ministry of Health in partnership with the State Inter-Ministerial Committee on COVID-19 on Friday declared one Vincent Prosper wanted. A release signed by the Information Commissioner for Information, Chief John Okiyi-Kalu claimed that Prosper reportedly sneaked into Abia State from a-yet-to-be mentioned neighboring state. According to the release, the suspected COVID-19 patient was last seen around 153, Azikiwe Road, Aba. The release urged anyone with useful information on Prosper’s whereabouts and those who have had contacts with him to call 0700 2242 362 or contact the State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Osuji immediately. In another release also signed by Okiyi-Kalu, the state government announced the continued extension of the ongoing lockdown in the state. The Information Commissioner stated that the extension order was, as a result, the advice of medical experts and a painstaking review of the coronavirus situation by the COVID-19 Inter-Ministe...

78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed

Image
A poll by West Africa’s number one polling services, NOI Polls, said 78% of Nigerians passed the federal government’s lockdown strategy as an appropriate method of fighting the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, disclosed this during Thursday’s edition of the media briefing by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on the COVID-19 Pandemic in Abuja. The Minister, who was reacting to allegations the PTF and National Orientation Agency (NOA), had failed to adequately enlighten Nigerians on the COVID-19 pandemic, also said the polls put the level of awareness of the outbreak among Nigerians at 99%. While describing the allegation as ‘fake news’, Mohammed said the authenticity of the polls was further backed by the fact that it obtained from the Communications Office of the British Prime Minister. “The allegation that the Ministry of Information or the PTF, particularly the National Orientation Agency (NOA) is...

Coronavirus: Mohammed Abubakar Tests Positive Again, 4 Weeks After

Image
Coronavirus: Four weeks after, Atiku’s son yet to test negative Mohammed Atiku-Abubakar, a son of Nigeria’s former vice-president, has continued to test positive for coronavirus four weeks after he was confirmed, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt. He remained isolated without symptoms, a development that has surprised medical experts. Mr Atiku-Abubakar, 31, tested positive for the virus on March 19. He was subsequently moved to the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, where most COVID-19 cases around the Nigerian capital are treated. Despite being placed on medication, including antiretroviral and immune-boosting vitamins, he has continued to test positive 28 days on, according to medical officials familiar with his case. “He tested positive again yesterday,” an official told PREMIUM TIMES. “We are doing all that is in our power to ensure his recovery, but he can only be released after he has been deemed completely recovered.” Another official told PREMIUM TIMES Mr Atiku-Abuba...

Noise Pollution, Loud Speakers And The Neighbors 2 (LASEPA GUIDELINES) - Islam for Muslims

Image
Kindly read the background on "Noise pollution, Loud speakers and the Neighbors" here Here are the LASEPA (Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency)'s Guidelines on Noise Pollution Guidelines on Noise Pollution: 1. The standard approved noise level in residential areas shall not exceed 55 decibels during the day and 45 decibels at night. (We talked about decibels in the previous post Click here to read ) 2. The standard approved noise level in industrial areas shall not exceed 90 decibel during the day. 3. The standard approved noise level for commercial areas shall not exceed 70 decibel during the day. 4. All religious houses, Club Houses and other entertainment outlets are to operate within enclosed and soundproof environments with regulated use of speakers, giving due consideration to neighbouring residents. 5. The above facilities shall equally reduce the number of internally placed speakers to the barest minimum to address only the congregat...

COVID-19: Daily Sunnah Duas (prayers) For the Prevention And Protection - Islam for Muslims

Image
Below are the daily Sunnah Duas for the prevention and protection from COVID-19 as compiled by Darul Ihsan . May Allah protect us and family from this deadly virus and related (Ameen) 3 Likes 1 Share

Fuel Scarcity Looms As FG, Oil Marketers Disagree On Pricing

Image
There may be fuel scarcity across Nigeria soon as oil marketers on Thursday voiced their disagreement with the Federal Government over the recently announced price modulation, regarding petrol pricing in the country. The oil marketers, under the umbrella of Major Marketers Association of Nigeria (MOMAN), is calling for full “price liberalisation” rather than “price modulation” with respect to Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), commonly known as petrol. MOMAN’s Chairman, Mr Tunji Oyebanji, in a statement on Thursday, said that only full price deregulation will bring about long term stability in the downstream sector. Oyebanji said it had become necessary for the major oil marketers to state their position because of what the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva said recently. Timipre had announced in a statement that the government would implement a policy of “price modulation,” which means it will give effect to existing legislation enabling it to se...

Update On The Killing Of A Driver, Amobi Igwe By A Civil Defence Officer

Image
Update On The Killing Of A Motorist Mr Amobi Igwe By A Civil Defence officer in the person of SIC Eke Richard At Toll Gate Umuikaa Junction. By: Onwuasoanya Ugonna The Nigerian Security and Civil defence corp has maliciously issued a press statement in defence that the motorist they murdered yesterday speed off dangerously when they tried to stop him and skidded over the barricade and brush the officer with his car which led the officer to fire him with his life-ammunition. However, the deceased Mr Amobi Igwe from Ebonyi State was also accused not to be carrying food items whereas the evidence of his food items were still in the trunk of the car at the time of the incident amidst of this global pestilence. How not to lie by the men of NSCDC in their rejoinder for their gross misconduct to misinform the general public and to cover-up their barbaric, ungodly, unlawful and inhuman extra-judicial killing of an innocent man leaving the deceased family in a pitiable s...

Husband Bathes Wife With Pepper-Laced Hot Water While She Slept Over Infidelity

Image
Infidelity: Husband bathes wife with pepper-laced hot water A 27-year-old man, Adeniyi Akinde, has reportedly bathed his wife, Deborah, with hot water laced with pepper, while she was sleeping over suspicion of infidelity. The incident happened on Tuesday around 12.30am in the Oke-Owu area of Modakeke, Osun State, where the couple resides. The victim was said to have been rushed to hospital after the attack, having sustained severe injuries in her face and body. It was learnt that Deborah was visited on her hospital bed at the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, Ile-Ife, by police personnel after the matter was reported at the Modakeke Police Division. When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Yemisi Opatola, confirmed the incident. Opatola said a suspect had been arrested in connection with the crime, adding that the state Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, had ordered a thorough investigation into the matter. She stated...

Woman Pours Pepper Into Her Maid's Private Part & Eyes In Ebonyi

Image
The police in Ebonyi State have arrested a 75-year-old grandmother for allegedly flogging and pouring pepper into the eyes and private parts of her 11-year-old home help. The woman, who gave her name as Mrs Comfort Obi, was arrested by the personnel of the Ekumenyi Police Station in Abakaliki on Tuesday. The septuagenarian’s action, PUNCH Metro gathered, was reported at the police station by a neighbour, Mr Osita Ezechukwu, who could no longer bear the level of abuse the child was being subjected to. “The suspect had been cautioned repeatedly to desist from torturing the girl. Apart from flogging her, the woman also subjects the girl to hard labour,” Ezechukwu stated.PUNCH Metro learnt that the victim’s body bore the scars of repeated flogging by Obi. It was learnt that the victim, who hails from the Ohaji Egbema Local Government Area of Imo State, was brought by her aunt to live with the septuagenarian on Gunning Road, Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital, 12 mo...