Lagosians Share Their Experiences On Buying Goods Online

“The most important thing to me about the online retail outlets is that they deliver the goods right at your doorsteps and they are of high quality.
“Apart from those two things, my brother, they are not as cheap as we are made to believe with their price slash and all the advert strategies we read on the internet,” Adeola Olukunle, a regular user of Jumia had explained.
Many users of the different online retail outlets vis Konga, Jumia, Deal Dey, Kaymu, et al, have in the past, stated their consistent usage of the medium to get their wares, but have not succinctly disclosed whether or not they are as cheap as people are made to believe.
Konga-Logo
In this survey carried out by Naij.com, many users would rather continue with their use of the online retail shops, especially as they are often busy at work or even outside the country on official assignments.
Emmanuel Opeyemi, a Computer Engineer, explained that, “it depends on what you want to get from the shops. I personally believe that it is more convenient to have them deliver the goods to me in the office since I do not always have that time to go out and get the stuffs myself.
“And for those who believe that they are too expensive, it also important to note that the running costs are always added to the amount they charge for the products.

“I think it’s safer if we look at it that way”.
Jumia-Nigerias-No-1-Online-Retailer
Apart from its safety, Motunrayo Azeezat, another respondent, noted that “the only big deal about it is that they bring it to your door step. Not cheaper than the regular stores, not cheap at all. Just reasonable if you ask me”.
While speaking about people’s laziness and their unwillingness to go out to stores and supermarkets to get whatever they want, Olabode Ikuforiji, a young man in his twenties stated categorically that he would never have used the online retail stores.
He said, “I know my way to the supermarket, boutique, store, or wherever the products may be. Why should I patronise an online retail shop when there are many shops in my area?” the dark skinned student asked rhetorically.
Ikuforiji also added that, “naturally, I like to see and feel whatever I want to buy before I pay. That’s another reason I cannot use the online shops plus friends say their products are more expensive than we think”.
A regular user of Konga, Bimbo Amusan, who resides in Osun State, disclosed that he prefers the online retail shops because of the high quality of their products.
deals
“I have bought a laptop from them and I can assure you that it has been working fine since I made the purchase. It was newly bought so, I have not had any problem with it whatsoever.
“I think it is more convenient and real. I also do not believe that it is more expensive than the regular retail shops considering how good their products are. I really like using it, anyway,” he averred.
Folake Olowu, an interior and exterior decorator, also corroborated Amusan’s stance, noting that she feels at ease using the online outlets as against the regular shops.
“Really, I do not think their wares are cheaper. I am only at home with the convenience. I use Jumia and Kaymu a lot and I know what I am saying.
“I am not holding brief for any of them, though, I only believe that it makes it easier having them deliver the products at ones doorstep”.
In sharing his disappointing experience with one of the retail outlets, Sulaimon Sanni lashed at the company for having a terrible delivery plan.
Having used the online shop in the past, the PR consultant disclosed that, “they are not as cheap as they are made to appear. As a matter of fact, they have an annoying delivery plan, especially Jumia”.
One of the respondents, simply identified as Ebenezer, told naij.com that, “especially on that black Friday, I wanted to get a Blackberry phone badly and since I had seen the price at N16, 500 elsewhere, I was looking forward to getting it at a cheaper rate on Jumia, so I was following them all day.
“To my utmost surprise, I learnt that the price of that particular phone had ‘crashed’ to N19, 600 or thereabouts and I was really shocked.
“I was expecting a reduced rate compared to what I had seen. I had to go to the store to pick up the phone. Although as at the time I got there, I couldn’t find it anymore, I still got it else where for N17, 500 as against the extra cost I would have incurred using the online stuff.
“I am not saying that they are not good here, I only believe that they are too expensive, especially for young guys like me who know their way around the city”.

Comments